Christ Fellowship Church is actively seeking a new Director of Youth Ministries!
The Director of Youth Ministries (DYM) is a 20 hour a week, permanent position created to pursue the church mission and vision among pre-teens through high schoolers. The DYM works under the supervision of the pastor. If the church grows numerically, then there is potential for the job of the DYM to grow with it.
1) Be fully committed to one’s own growth as a disciple of Jesus and to inspire and equip others to do the same.
2) Complete the Following the Rabbi leadership training curriculum.
3) Lead a weekly youth club for middle and high schoolers for fellowship, worship and Bible training.
4) Lead a teen or pre-teen Sunday morning Bible study during the second half of the worship service.
5) Lead a monthly teen outreach event.
6) Do regular contact ministry can be fit into a part-time position.
7) Recruit, equip and maintain adult volunteers to assist with the youth activities.
8) Lead the Parent Counsel.
9) Attend the monthly, 75 minute church staff meeting.
10) Meet monthly with the pastor 1x1 for prayer, progress evaluation and fellowship.
Credentials and Skills
1) Be a daily, intentional, strategic follower of Jesus.
2) Be able to work under the supervision of the pastor and in a healthy team environment of the church staff.
3) Be able to plan and lead youth gatherings.
4) Be able to teach and preach Scripture in a clear and compelling fashion to youth.
5) Be able to develop and pursue annual ministry goals and objectives for his/her areas of responsibility and to manage a youth ministries budget.
6) Be able to recruit, train and give pastoral care to adult volunteers in his/her programs.
Contact Pastor Brian if you are interested in this position
Every Tuesday from 6:30-8:00 all Middle School and High School students are invited to join us for a fun night of games, snacks, fellowship, and studying God’s Word. As a Youth Group, we desire to be set on fire for Christ, so that His light will shine through us and into the lives of those around us.